Brisbane Girls Grammar School is an independent secular secondary school that has achieved a reputation for excellence in the education of young women for the past 140 years. Applications must include:
- Covering letter
- Resume, including a full transcript of academic subjects, together with the names and contact details of three referees
- The School’s Application for Employment Form. Download and save the form required: Application for Employment Form – Academic Staff or Application for Employment Form -Professional Staff or Application for Employment Form – Sports Coach
- Note: Please save the form to your computer before you start typing into it. Before returning the form, check that the data you have entered has been saved. If experiencing difficulties saving your data, you may wish to print the completed form and re-scan into your computer as a PDF under a different file name.)
Applications should be addressed to:The Principal Ms Jacinda Euler Brisbane Girls Grammar School Gregory Terrace Brisbane Qld 4000 email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Brisbane Girls Grammar School invites applications for the following positions:
Full-time 6 months’ fixed-term position (parental leave cover)
Salary commensurate with experience plus 12.75% superannuation
Brisbane Girls Grammar School invites applications for a creative and experienced Communications Manager. This is a full-time 6 months’ fixed-term position (parental leave cover).
Reporting to the Director of Communications and Community Relations, the Communications Manager will be responsible for the development and implementation of the School’s communications strategy.
The successful applicant will have extensive experience in a similar position, along with creative flair and passion.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Lead the development and implementation of the School’s corporate and marketing communications strategy
- Develop and implement communications activities that positively promote the School’s reputation as a leader in exceptional scholarship to prospective and enrolled families and students, staff, alumni and the broader community
- Develop and implement the School’s media plan including generating ideas that will strengthen the School’s media presence and handling of day-to-day media enquiries
- Strategic management of the School’s website and social media platforms
- Manage the planning and delivery of the School’s publications including writing articles, editing, content copy, proof checking, management of graphic designers etc. to ensure all publications reflect the brand and reputation of the School
Applications close: Sunday 29 May 2016
Outdoor Education Teacher
Brisbane Girls Grammar School invites applications for a passionate and experienced Outdoor Education Teacher. This is a full-time and ongoing position based at our Marrapatta Memorial Outdoor Education Centre located approximately two hours north of Brisbane in the Mary Valley.
In addition to effectively delivering our exceptional outdoor education programme, you will be required to support academic programmes, parent working bees, community user groups and the Duke of Edinburgh’s Award programme. Occasional weekend work and during term breaks is required.
The successful applicant will demonstrate extensive knowledge of teaching strategies to achieve effective learning outcomes.
To be successful in this role, you will need to demonstrate the following:
- Relevant teaching qualifications with specialisation in Outdoor Education or qualifications in a range of outdoor pursuits
- Expertise in teaching Outdoor Education across Years 7-12
- Ability to engage students in an innovative and creative Outdoor Education programme
- Contribute to the administration and logistical planning of programmes
- Ability to follow procedures to ensure the health and wellbeing of students including the promotion of positive relationships, medication and allergy management, dietary requirements and first aid
- Ability to work collaboratively and energetically within a high performing School culture
- Queensland College of Teachers registration
Applications close: Monday 30 May 2016
Expressions of Interest for supply teaching
We welcome applications from experienced teachers who are interested in being considered for our pool of supply teachers.
Please complete the School’s application form – Academic Staff and submit this form with your resume, along with copies of your qualifications to email@example.com.
Any enquiries regarding employment can be directed to Ms Brigitte Bickham at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Working at Brisbane Girls Grammar School
Prospective staff are invited to view the Brisbane Girls Grammar School Enterprise Agreement 2015 which covers Academic and Professional staff.