There is a wealth of information that describes what happens during a girl’s schooling at Brisbane Girls Grammar. But we also recognise that what happens upon her graduation is of great interest and importance.
A Girls Grammar education prepares our girls for the world beyond our white picket fence. We provide the skills, learning opportunities and experiences to help them develop into independent young women who are well prepared for future lives, studies and careers.
Life after Girls Grammar
The overwhelming majority of graduates of Brisbane Girls Grammar School go on to undertake some form of further recognised studies after graduation. The vast array of options now available to students mean our girls now go on to study at universities all over Australia, and internationally. Reflecting our life-wide approach to learning, a small number of students are choosing to defer their studies and take part in organised exchanges, employment opportunities or volunteer work.
- In 2014, 100 per cent received offers to undertake a Bachelor Degree, with 90 per cent receiving their 1st, 2nd or 3rd preference.
- 25 university scholarships were offered to students in 2014 to Queensland, interstate and international universities.
- Two students have been offered scholarships to international universities.
- The top three offers by discipline in 2014 were Arts/Humanities/Social Science; Business; and Health.
- 11 students received the Australian Student Prize in 2013, giving national recognition to academic excellence and achievement in secondary education. Girls Grammar had the most prizes awarded to any girls’ school in Queensland this year.
Inspiring Grammar Women
We have so many stories to share about the successes and achievements of our former students across academia, business, law, medicine, science, sports, the arts, diplomatic, and humanitarian fields. Read more about our profiled alumni and honoured alumni.
Grammar girls, Grammar women
We maintain a strong connection with our past students. In fact, when you enter the Girls Grammar community you enter an extraordinary global network of more than 4,500 women. And we actively engage with this network, bringing women back into the School’s fold to share their experiences, make new connections, and to inspire our students and young graduates. Read more about our Grammar Women series.