A Girls Grammar education prepares girls for the world beyond our white picket fence. Girls develop the skills, learning opportunities and experiences to prepare them for their future lives, studies and careers.
Life after Girls Grammar
Most Brisbane Girls Grammar School graduates undertake further studies after graduation at universities all over Australia, and internationally. Reflecting our life-wide approach to learning, a small number of students choose to defer their studies and take part in organised exchanges, employment opportunities or volunteer work.
- In 2015, 96 per cent received offers to undertake a Bachelor Degree, with 86 per cent receiving their 1st, 2nd or 3rd preference.
- 18 students in 2015 were offered a total of 24 university scholarships to Queensland, interstate and international universities.
- Three 2015 graduates were offered scholarships to international universities.
- The top three offers by discipline in 2015 were Science/Technology/Engineering/Mathematics (STEM); Business; and Arts/Humanities/Social Science.
- Five students received the Australian Student Prize in 2014, giving national recognition to academic excellence and achievement in secondary education. Girls Grammar had the most prizes awarded to any girls’ school in Queensland in 2014.
Inspiring Grammar Women
Discover the different career pathways that our past students have taken and learn how their time at Girls Grammar has helped prepare them for life beyond the white picket fence through our alumni stories.
Our honoured alumni are past students of the School who have been recognised under the Australian honours system, celebrating their outstanding achievements and contributions to the Australian community and humanity at large.
Next Step survey results
Next Step is the Queensland Government’s statewide survey of every student who completed Year 12 and gained a Senior Statement during the previous year in Queensland at government and non-government schools. The survey collects information about the initial study and employment destinations of young people after leaving school. Next Step 2016 survey for Brisbane Girls Grammar School is now available.