Second Chance is a service group that strives to provide support to women and children experiencing homelessness in Brisbane.
Every year in Term 4, Second Chance hosts a Christmas Giving Tree appeal to provide gifts to young women and children who may not receive any gifts at all.
At the end of term, we will send the gifts we have collected on behalf of Second Chance to the Bahloo Women’s Youth Shelter, Zig Zag Young Women’s Resource Centre and Cherished Home for Young Mums.
Thank you to those who have already given a gift, or have collected a tag—we have had an outstanding response from the community and have no tags remaining for collection.
To those who have collected a tag:
- Shop for the gift on the tag ($20-30 price range)
- Place the gift in a gift bag
• please do not wrap, as the gifts need to be checked before being delivered
• it can be a nice touch to include a card with a message of hope and well wishes inside the bag.
- Attach the tag to the gift so it can be delivered to the correct recipient and place it under the tree in the Library.
We hope to make this Christmas special for those in need. Thank you and happy holidays!
The Second Chance Committee