Let us start Term 2 by generating generosity with an important initiative.
The Second Chance Committee will be hosting a toiletry donation drive for ‘Homeless Connect’ over the next three weeks, and we would love to get every Year level involved.
‘Homeless Connect’ is a volunteer-driven, community-supported initiative, run by city councils all over Australia. Each year, at a one-day event, businesses and communities come together to provide various services such as healthcare, housing support, and hairdressers, as well as resources including clothing and toiletries to those at risk or currently experiencing homelessness—free of charge.
Such a vital cause is worthy of all our support, and the BGGS Second Chance Committee has decided to collect toiletries to donate.
Could students please bring the following items to the Annie Mackay Room by Wednesday 5 May, according to their Year level:
- Year 7—deodorant, sunscreen, face masks, toiletry bags
- Year 8—face masks, hand sanitiser, toiletry bags
- Year 9—toothpaste, toothbrushes, mouthwash, floss
- Year 10—body wash, soap, moisturisers, lip balms
- Year 11—shampoo, conditioner, hair items, personal grooming packs (e.g. nail file, hair brush)
- Year 12—sanitary items (e.g. pads, tampons, carry bags, menstrual cups, period underwear)
Thanks in advance for your thoughtful donations and continued support of the Second Chance Committee.
Simran Mackrani (12H)