Term 4 Reminders
An email was sent to all students this week after reports that Girls Grammar students are not using the appropriate crossings along Gregory Terrance and Boundary St. These are in place to protect the students. Additionally, mobile phones and ear buds should not be used while crossing roads, as this distracts the girls from paying attention and therefore keeping them safe.
Summer uniform is back for Term 4, please read the following reminder of the uniform requirements:
- Hat (to be worn to and from the School, between lessons and during breaks)
- Navy skirt or pants
- White Blouse (ironed)
- White ankle length socks (folded once) for skirts
- Plain navy sock for pants
- Black leather shoes–lace up style and polished
- Tie which should be correctly fastened. The School Badge and House Badge should also be worn on the tie
- Sleepers or small plain studs (gold or silver) maybe worn, one in each ear lobe
- Hair must be tied back neatly if it touches the shirt collar, with a blue ribbon.
What shouldn’t be worn or seen:
- Pearl or birthstone stud earrings or larger than life earrings
- Make up
- Hair colour that is obviously different to natural hair colour
- PE uniform to and from the School, on public transport, or in shopping centres.
Students received an email last weekend from Deputy Principal, Mrs Anne Ingram, about mask wearing. Term 3 ended well with upholding mask-wearing guidelines and the School would like to see this continue with students wearing masks to and from the School, and on campus. Students are to bring their own masks from home, and not rely on the School to provide these on a daily basis. If students require a mask, they will be asked to go to the Uniform Shop to purchase a BGGS mask. If a student’s mask breaks during the day, they can arrange a replacement at Student Reception.
Year 12 Blazers – Final Embroidery Dates
The final date for submission of Blazers for the 2021 Year 12 cohort’s final pockets embroidery are as follows:
- Thursday 28 October 2021: final date for submission of Year 12 Blazers at the P&F Uniform Shop
- Friday 12 November 2021: Blazers returned to BGGS. Students will be emailed once their Blazer is ready to be collected.
Temporary Bridge Closures—Update
Structural lifting operations at the rail corridor pedestrian bridge are complete. No further closures will be required for the remainder of this week.
Nightly closures will recommence between late October and late November. For further information, visit this link.