We had very good news this week that some restrictions will be lifted as of 4 pm today, Friday 20 August.
The easing of some restrictions means that:
- co-curricular activities can recommence, including sport, music, performances and service activities
- excursions can recommence
- the Outdoor Education program will recommence in Week 8
- visitors, including parents, can enter the School site.
All parents, visitors and other guests to the School will need to comply with current COVIDSafe requirements, including checking in using the Check In Qld App.
It is important to note that:
- staff and students will continue to wear masks indoors (including in classroom settings) for another week
- masks are still to be worn outdoors if physically distancing is not possible
- in addition to wearing masks indoors, students will need to wear masks if accessing public transport
- masks can be removed for eating and drinking.
Staff will email parents about specific co-curricular arrangements, and I encourage you to read updates in this newsletter.
Grammar girls are to be congratulated on their wearing of masks so far; they have adapted well to wearing them throughout the school day.
Mrs Anne Ingram