Further information about extensions to current COVID-19 restrictions, including mask wearing for students, will be communicated to BGGS families when they become available.
Please view this page for the latest updates: https://www.bggs.qld.edu.au/bggs-community-covid-advice/
Year 10 Immunisations—Update
After being postponed due to quarantine, immunisations for Year 10 students have been rescheduled to occur next week, on Monday 13 September at 12 noon.
On this day, students with completed and returned consent forms will receive the Meningococcal vaccination. A team of authorised Registered Nurses will conduct the vaccinations.
If your daughter is unable to attend school on Monday, you will be able to reschedule with your family GP or at an Immunisation Clinic.
This free vaccination is recommended on the National Immunisation Program schedule, and only one dose of the meningococcal ACWY vaccine is required.
Our School Immunisation provider recommends students should not receive a COVID-19 vaccination seven days before or after the scheduled Meningococcal vaccination.
OzCare has provided an information sheet for parents to read if they require further details, please view the document here.
For questions or concerns, please contact the BGGS Health Centre via email or 3332 1349.
Parents are encouraged to complete the Independent Schools Queensland (ISQ) 2021 What Parents Want—an Independent Schools Queensland survey.
The information gathered will help ISQ and our School understand the decision-making processes that parents undertake when selecting an independent school and the reasons leading to their final choice.
The survey takes approximately 15 to 20 minutes, and examines cultural influences, varying sources of information, and other important factors that guide decision-making.
If you wish to complete the survey, please head here: https://bit.ly/WPW-2021.
The survey will remain open throughout school holidays and will close on Monday 5 October.
Year 12 Book Orders 2022
The P&F Uniform Shop reminds Year 11 parents to place their book orders as their daughters prepare to enter Year 12 in 2022.
The Unit 3 and 4 textbook list are now available to be ordered. As part of the Queensland Certificate of Education and Australian Tertiary Admission Rank system, students are required to purchase Year 12 textbooks and stationery before Term 4 2021.
Textbooks and stationary can be purchased via the P&F Uniform Shop online store.
- to purchase items via the online store, parents need to establish an account
- accounts will be validated within two business days, and parents will receive a confirmation email with information about purchasing via the online store.
If you have any questions, please contact the P&F Uniform Shop via this link.
Next Thursday, the Year 10 cohort will be supporting the School at the Queensland Girls Secondary Schools Sports Association (QGSSSA) Athletics Carnival at the Queensland Sports and Athletics Centre (QSAC). This is a long-standing tradition at the School, and it is expected that all Year 10 girls will be in attendance to support the Athletics team.
Details will be published on Minerva as a reminder next week.
Please note: Year 10 Athletes will travel to the carnival earlier in the day with the rest of the team.
Parents are welcome to attend as spectators, and must sign in using the Check in Qld App at the venue. Parents can enter via the North and South ramp only. Parent spectators will be invited to choose a seat in the corporate suite area. They will need to ensure that every second row is left clear, and must wear a mask at all times unless eating or drinking.
Important details for the day:
- supporters will wear their full formal uniform (including hat and blazer)
- Year 10 supporters will meet at the front of the School in Victoria Park at 8.20 am for roll marking
- bags should be left (with valuables and phone) in lockers. Girls should take their BGGS canvas bag to carry food and drinks
- although there will be some canteen facilities, girls are encouraged to bring sufficient snacks, lunch, and drinks for the day
- buses will return to BGGS by 3.10 pm
- all students will travel to and from the venue by bus (no adjustment has been made to the school day, therefore before and after school commitments and travel arrangements should be as usual on a Monday). No students will travel directly between home and QSAC.
While COVID-19 cases in Queensland continue to decline, we all must follow the advice of health authorities to keep our community safe.
Students, staff, officials, and spectators are not permitted to enter QSAC if they:
- are self-quarantining due to overseas travel, or travel to a designated COVID-19 ‘hotspot’
- have been in close contact with a confirmed case of COVID-19 (symptoms within the past 14 days)
- are currently an active COVID-19 case, or are unwell, with a fever, cough, sore throat, fatigue or shortness of breath.
Formal Hat Cleaning and Repairs
Students who would like Formal Hat cleaning and/or repairs during school holidays are encouraged to submit their hats by the end of next week, Friday 17 September.
Hats will be available for collection on the first day of Term 4.
The following repair costs (listed below) are intended as a general guide and can change without notice.
The P&F Uniform Shop staff will advise of repair costs once the hat is submitted and the full scope of work has been determined.
Guide to Formal Hat Repairs Costs
|Clean and re-block of Hat||$30|
|Clean, reblock and repair (one area of damage)||$38|
|Extra repair/s (charged per each additional repair required)||$10/area of repair|
|New Hat Band||$18.50|
|Clean, reblock and replacement of internal hat band||$46.50|