A balanced approach might involve both online and offline activities. While many girls will possess the motivation and self-discipline to go for a run, practice yoga at home, or start a jigsaw puzzle, others might need the encouragement and scaffolding that can only be provided online.
The School is committed to providing a holistic education to girls during this period of remote learning. There are a number of resources available to assist students with managing their social, emotional, physical and cognitive health. These include virtual student counselling sessions, mindfulness activities, at home workouts and a range of co-curricular offerings. Students can access these resources on Minerva, or ask their Head of House or House Group Teacher for further details. For parents interested in the resources on offer for students, details are provided below:
- Mindfulness activities and exercises
- Mindful movement recordings (e.g. yoga and qigong)
- Thursday morning yoga and mindfulness sessions for students and staff
- Virtual student counselling
- Co-curricular activities
- Music ensemble rehearsals, and small group instrumental and vocal lessons, will resume in Week 1, and instrumental music competitions will be held throughout Term 2
- Service groups, clubs and activities will be adding to their Minerva pages (activities include online chess, digital photography, drawing club, calligraphy, Libellum or Gwen Harwood for reading or creative writing)
- New at-home workouts will be posted on the Remote Learning page on Minerva each week (including Rowing Fit and Run Fit).
For further information, please email GGCounsellors@bggs.qld.edu.au.