This virtual Cathedral Concert offers a reflection on some of the most spectacular performances from the School’s past three Cathedral Concerts, in addition to premiering a special collaborative project in which students have worked with Mr Warwick Adeney, concertmaster of the Queensland Symphony Orchestra.
While current circumstances prevent us from gathering in the Cathedral of St Stephen, we trust you will enjoy the musical performances shared in this online concert.
Each year, the School’s Music Support Group donate the proceeds of Cathedral Concert ticket sales to the Wesley Palliative Care Unit. Should you wish to support the incredible work of this unit, you can make a donation online.
Mrs Emma Dron
Director of Instrumental Music
Virtual Cathedral Concert 2020
Introduction by Mrs Emma Dron (Director of Instrumental Music)
- 2017 Symphonic Winds – Declaration Overture—Claude T Smith —conductor Mrs Laurinda Davidson
- 2019 Symphonic Winds – Celtic Wedding—Jeremy Bell—conductor Mrs Laurinda Davidson
- 2018 Chamber Singers – Stabat Mater—viii Fac ut ardeat cor meum (Grant that my heart may burn) Giovanni Battista Pergolesi—conductor Mr Paul Holley
- 2017 Chamber Singers – And the Lord Said “Fiat Lux”—Alice Chance—Conductor Mr Paul Holley
- 2018 Chamber Strings – Suite in G Major Organ and Strings—Respighi—i Prelude Organist: Mr Phillip Gearing—Conductor Mr Michael Patterson
- 2017 Grammar Singers – Didn’t My Lord Deliver Daniel—Spiritual arr. Jake Runestad—conductor Mr Paul Holley
- 2019 Grammar Singers – A Gaelic Blessing—John Rutter—Conductor Mrs Emma Dron
- 2017 Chorale – Hold the Light —spiritual arr. Rollo Dilworth—Conductor Ms Clare Finlayson
- 2020 Virtual Performance – In Flanders Fields—Annabella Khoo, Abigail Lui and Erika Thompson (Audio and Video production by Emma Dron)
- 2019 Chorale – Climbin’ up the mountain, Children!—spiritual arr. Rollo Dilworth—Conductor Ms Clare Finlayson
- 2020 Virtual Chamber Strings – Concerto in D minor for 2 violins and Cello—Vivaldi featuring soloists, Mr Warwick Adeney—violin (Concertmaster of the QSO), Hannah Kim -violin and Samantha Atherton cello—Carson Dron—harpsichord. (Video Production by Simon Woods and Audio Production by Michael Patterson)
In lieu of ticket sales, donations to the Wesley Palliative Care Unit can be made here.