Parents are reminded that changes to traffic access to the BGGS and BGS campuses are now in effect. These changes may require parents to adjust routines to ensure the best outcomes for all in our community, including protecting the safety of students and improving traffic flow in front of both schools.
For the BGGS community, these changes include:
- BGGS pick-up opening time now 3.20 pm, with parents directed to follow a detour if arriving earlier than this time
- Wait time in pick-up/drop-off zone limited to three minutes
- Strictly left-turn from pick-up zone onto Gregory Terrace
- No queueing over the Motel on Gregory driveway, bike lanes or no-parking zones, noting that Brisbane City Council enforces these restrictions and does issue infringement notices
- Students will be stopped by BGGS staff if attempting to cross Gregory Terrace on a flashing red walk-signal.
In addition to these immediate changes, the School is seeking to establish longer-term strategies and improvements. To better understand the travel habits of our families, the School will conduct a Parent Traffic Survey (in Weeks 4 and 5 of Term 3) and students will be asked to complete a Travel Diary.
Further information will be shared in BGGS News and on the Parent Portal over the coming weeks and months about these longer-term initiatives. You can read Frequently Asked Questions for further detail about current changes, and also view a flyer detailing the detour that was implemented on Monday 22 July.
Girls Grammar families are also reminded to take caution and abide by the road rules when using the Wickham Terrace and Gregory Terrace intersection to ensure smooth flow of traffic.
The Schools asks for the understanding and cooperation of all parents during this period of adjustment, bearing in mind that traffic congestion has reached a point where we must take strong action for the safety of our girls and the day-to-day improvement of traffic flow at peak times.